- The top of my figure skates cuts into my leg, do you have a solution?
Yes, we sell Bunga ankle sleeves with impact gel.
- What should I wear on my feet when I skate?
Both figure and hockey should wear a very thin nylon sock or tights. We carry a variety of tights.
- How can I protect my blades?
When storing your skates you should use soakers to protect your sharpening and to keep moisture away from your blades. We recommend our TuffTerrys.
- What are hard guards or walking guards?
These are hard plastic guards that are placed on the blades while walking around the rink, or in parking lots. Never leave these on your blades overnight as they will rust your blades.
- My child is now learning her jumps and fell and hurt her hip. Do you have a solution?
Yes, we have Waxel pads available which help to absorb impact force. They are available in both hip and tailbone pads.
- Do you sell any skating apparel?
Yes, we are dealers for Chloe Noel Sportswear; jackets, pants, dresses, tops and other apparel is available in both child and adult sizes.
- What is a growth insert?
We place these in our skates when requested when the skater is still growing. They are placed in the bottom of the skate, then the regular top insole that comes in the boot. When the skater's feet grow and the skate becomes too tight, simply take out the growth insert and the skate is ½ size larger. On average your skates last a year using these inserts.
- Do you sell any hockey products?
Yes, we carry a variety of hockey tape, stick wax, hockey socks; hockey laces both regular and waxed laces. Please give us a call if you're interested in any of our products.
- There are many companies that sell figure skates and blades, what makes Skater's Edge the best choice?
Skater's Edge has been fitting, sharpening, mounting of blades and repairing skates for 20 years. Our final mount is one of our specialties. We have a commitment in excellence and will guarantee the fit.